The EPCheck software helps in a simple way to check whether an EPC calculation doesn't contain major errors. The EPC (energieprestatiecoëfficiënt) is an index that determines the energetic efficiency of buildings. The EPCheck programme can help with checking calculations of housing as well as utility buildings, following norm NEN 7120:2011 for the energy performance of buildings.
Apart from the use by municipalities to check calculations, it can also be used by consultants to assist the building companies that want to apply for a permit (using an EPC).
• there isn't any quality assurance scheme in place for energy audits
• there isn't any programme to implement energy management systems in the public sector at national regional or local level
• insufficient information on training possibilities
• insufficient information on technical tools
• lack of in-house expertise about technical tools
• support organisations have insufficient competency and knowledge