TIMES (The Integrated MARKAL-EFOM System) is an economic model generator for local, national or multi -regional energy systems, which provides a technology-rich basis for estimating energy dynamics over a long-term. It is applied to the analysis of the energy sector, but may also applied to study in detail single sectors. Reference case estimates of end-use energy service demands are provided by the user for each region. The user provides estimates of the existing stock of energy related equipment in all sectors, and the characteristics of available future technologies, present and future sources of primary energy supply and their potentials.
Coverage- global: 15 regions – Africa, Australia-New Zealand, Canada, Central and South America, China, European Union+, Central Asia Caucasus, Other Eastern Europe, Russian Federation, India, Japan, Mexico, Middle-East, Other Developing Asia, South Korea, United States. National models of 32 countries (including China). Subnational models- Reunion Islands (France), Lombardy (Italy), Pavia (Italy), Western China and Kahtmandu valley (Nepal). Local models for rural areas and cities.
• there isn't any programme to implement energy management systems in the public sector at national regional or local level (art. 8)
• insufficient information on training possibilities (art. 17)
• insufficient information on technical tools (art. 17)
• absence of other tools supporting energy efficiency measures development (art. 17)
• absence of support organisations in your territory addressing energy efficiency matters (art. 17)
• support organisations have unsufficient competency and knowledge (art. 17)