The municipality of Amsterdam has started to develop a 'public lighting vision' to combat light pollution and unnecessary light, and at the same time save energy. The 'plan of action' for this light vision provides many useful ideas for a light vision for Amsterdam and beyond. The main aspect is to characterize specific 'lighting typologies', where guiding principles are set for different types of environments (e.g. shopping streets, pre-war residential streets, transport hubs, etc.). These typologies thus guide in which way lighting can be installed that saves energy and at the same time contributes to e.g. social safety.
• insufficient information on training possibilities (art. 17)
• insufficient information on energy technologies (art. 17)
• lack of in-house expertise about energy technologies (art. 17)
• absence of support organizations in your territory addressing energy efficiency matters (art. 17)
• support organizations have insufficient competency and knowledge (art. 17)
• inadequate information on best energy efficiency practices (art. 17)