The purpose of this event is twofold
(1) share concrete experiences and raise discussions about the design of energy efficiency policies and their impacts;
(2) provide information and a discussion space around the transformation of the role of energy citizens and energy communities.
The event thus combines the top-down perspective of policy design and successes of policies with the bottom-up perspective of how to involve individuals in the implementation of energy policies and support them in the transformation to energy citizens.
The content of the event will be based on the latest results from 9 European projects funded within the Horizon 2020 programme (EPATEE, ODYSSEE/MURE, COMBI, PUBLENEF, ENTRUST, ENERGISE, ECHOES, ENABLE and REScoop PLUS). Particular emphasis will be put on concrete examples about how analysing policy impacts helps to make a stronger case for energy efficiency and lead to effective policy implementation and what concrete solutions to the challenges faced by European citizens and European policy-makers exist and how citizens can play an active role in the energy transition.
The event will be divided in two parts:
1) An informative part on current Horizon 2020 funded projects related to energy efficiency
2) A debate that will be moderated based on key questions prepared by the organisers
The event will make it possible to enrich the experiences and conclusions from these projects with participants' views, in order to provide a richer overview of how energy efficiency policies can be strengthened in a multi-governance environment.
- Thursday 7 June 14.00 - 15.30
- Brussels, Belgium
- Conference by Austrian Energy Agency, Fundación Tecnalia Research and Innovation