Project PlanETer (territorial energy planning). This R&D project has been funded with The Ark Energy program of the Foundation for innovation in the Valais.
The developed tool is intended to provide local decision-makers, technology of systems of Geographic Information (GIS), a vision global and systemic municipal area from the perspective of the consumption of energy and the availability of local energy resources.
This tool, still in the phase of evolution and consolidation, quickly met with a great success with the public communities of French-speaking Switzerland. Thus, more than 10 towns asked CREM, through CREM-Services, to carry out such an audit across their territories. Today, developments are still underway to improve the tool in our CREM R & D sector. At the same time, discussions are under to develop this project outside our association.
The tool PlanETer permit the common participants not only to set goals but also to launch concrete projects (geothermal, wind-mini, CAD). Thanks to this project and to the work of the engineers of the CREM, Commons have the following :
- A tool spatialized, allowing them to have a global energy vision of their territory
- Database allowing them to define, on the one hand, objectives and priorities both for supply and for energy efficiency, and, on the other hand, to establish a Plan Director of energy.
The PlanETer tool is adaptable to any type of commune, depending on their size. It allows to carry out energy planning territorial, and provided map data that can be integrated into the programming of territorial actions of Commons.
• insufficient information on training possibilities (art. 17)
• insufficient information on technical tools (art. 17)
• lack of in-house expertise about technical tools (art. 17)
• absence of other tools supporting energy efficiency measures development (art. 17)
• absence of support organisations in your territory addressing energy efficiency matters (art. 17)
• support organisations have unsufficient competency and knowledge (art. 17)