The guideline can be used by energy managers, specialists from large companies and industrial systems having obligations under the EEA, SME to increase their EE. The guideline gives instructions how to collecting and analyzing information on energy consumption; practical actions for building, monitoring and improvement of energy management systems; implementation of measures to increase the EE of major groups of energy consumers; creation of system for energy monitoring. The guideline include a good practices in each of the areas, publications and sources of information, requirements and procedures for introduction of the international standard on energy management BS EN ISO 50001.
This guideline is dedicated to support implementation of Bulgarian energy efficiency targets. It's based on EU Directives, but in the frames of National legislation.
• there isn't any programme to implement energy management systems in the public sector at national regional or local level (art. 8)
• insufficient information on training possibilities (art. 17)
• insufficient information on technical tools (art. 17)
• lack of in-house expertise about technical tools (art. 17)
• absence of guidelines & handbooks supporting energy efficiencymeasures development (art. 17)
• absence of support organisations in your territory addressing energy efficiency matters (art. 17)
• support organisations have unsufficient competency and knowledge (art. 17)
• inadequate information on best energy efficiency practices (art. 17)
• individual public bodies aren't aware of their progress towards their energy efficiency targets (art. 24)