2020 is Tomorrow–Evaluation Keeps Us On Track
Green growth, jobs, sustainable investment and energy security through evaluation.
IEPPEC community aims at exchanging new ideas, inputs for current and upcoming debates, experience, feedback and lessons learnt about all the stages of evaluations.
Our theme for our 2018 Vienna conference is a “reality” check recognizing that 2020 is tomorrow…are we on track to meet goals? We will explore how evaluation work can tell us about whether we are on track to achieve 2020 targets. We will also be considering the ways that evaluations can help upgrade policies and programmes to ensure targets will be achieved in 2020 and beyond. We are particularly interested in papers that describe:
- Approaches to evaluating whether countries are on track to meet their energy efficiency and greenhouse mitigation goals including national policy packages
- Learning about what works in delivering energy efficiency and associated greenhouse gas emissions in specific sectors and markets
- How national and local governments intend to assess their 2020 achievements; particularly considering the attribution of impacts to policy action.
- How utilities, NGO, funding agencies, and private companies assess their achievements in meeting energy efficiency and greenhouse goals.
- How to integrate evaluation to inform the development of policies to meet the expected 2030 energy efficiency targets
For more information