Urban energy planning
The MEU project has as objective to develop and test a web tool that precisely meets the needs of planners of urban energy systems. This project helped put together the academic partners, as well as four Swiss cities.
The tool offers the following features:
- GIS mapping interface as main working environment;
- web-based platform, including services provided through ArcGIS Server;
- quantitative assessment of a series of energy and environmental indicators for an urban area, both at the level of the (request) buildings as the supply;
- direct access to the planning of urban areas, through the creation, then the quantitative assessment of scenarios built directly by the user, on the basis of direct modifications on the energy state of affairs to an arbitrary year;
- monitoring ongoing, on annual basis of energy flows, consumption, as well as energy projects undertaken, through a temporal database.
A first prototype of the MEU platform is currently in an intensive phase of tests, based on concrete cases defined with the partner cities. A computer architecture consolidation effort is also undertaken in order to improve the robustness of the tool.
This tool can be transferable in France and applicable to communities and their urban areas. Fully accessible through the web, its implementation methodology is quick, to the extent where the calculations are made by dedicated servers, and requires the creation of a government.
• insufficient information on training possibilities (art. 17)
• insufficient information on technical tools (art. 17)
• lack of in-house expertise about training (art. 17)
• absence of other tools supporting energy efficiency measures development (art. 17)
• absence of support organisations in your territory addressing energy efficiency matters (art. 17)
• support organisations have unsufficient competency and knowledge (art. 17)