RETScreen® International is a free, universal tool developed in collaboration with many government, industry and university experts. The program is managed and has ongoing support from Canmore ENERGY at the Canadian Ministry of Natural Resources. On the territory of Poland, training for users is led by the Foundation for Energy Efficiency. The organization is the translator of educational materials available at www.retscreen.net. There is also a free e-learning course available at www.e-szkolenia.fewe.pl.
RetScreen is a tool that can be used by professionals (eg. planners, decision makers, industry) as well as those without experience. It can be used for:
- Technical assessment and financial feasibility of potential clean technology projects,
- Greenhouse Gas Emission Reduction Analysis - RetScreen® calculates annual greenhouse gas emission reductions for clean energy projects based on the base state of the system,
- RetScreen® calculates cash flow including initial costs, energy savings, EIK costs, fuel costs, taxation, carbon credits, and CE production benefits. In addition, it automatically calculates the most important financial indicators.
it is international, very universal tool.
• insufficient information on financial tools (art. 17)
• insufficient information on technical tools (art. 17)
• lack of in-house expertise about financial tools (art. 17)
• lack of in-house expertise about technical tools (art. 17)
• absence of automatic tools supporting energy efficiency measures development (art. 17)
• absence of softwares supporting energy efficiency measures development (art. 17)
• absence of other tools supporting energy efficiency measures development (art. 17)
• absence of support organisations in your territory addressing energy efficiency matters (art. 17)
• support organisations have unsufficient competency and knowledge (art. 17)