The RE-SEEties tool is a set of energy forecasting equations that was developed by CRES in the framework of the RE-SEEties project (SEE Programme). Its aim is to estimate future energy needs which can be fed into the ICLEI tool in order to calculate emissions also for future years. For the residential, commercial and transport sectors a series of equations have been developed by CRES to estimate future needs. If necessary longer term projections correction of emission factors may also be provided. The tool has been used already by the folowing cities: Nitra (SK), Miercurea Ciuc (RO), Ptuj (SL), Egaleo (GR), Ivanić-Grad (HR), Budapest (HU), Skopje.
The RE-SEEties tool has great possibility to be adapted. It is an xl file so the user can easily adapt it. Large quantity of data is required -detailed energy data per sector, elasticities and macroeconomic indicators. The tool has been used for many municipalities in the framework of the Re-SEEties project.
• insufficient information on training possibilities (art. 17)
• insufficient information on technical tools (art. 17)
• lack of in-house expertise about technical tools (art. 17)
• absence of other tools supporting energy efficiency measures development (art. 17)
• absence of support organisations in your territory addressing energy efficiency matters (art. 17)
• support organisations have unsufficient competency and knowledge (art. 17)