Handbook provides a classification of the energy efficiency projects in the budgets of local and regional government. It describes the process of preparation of energy efficiency projects, their implementation in the budgets of local and regional governments. Additionally, it provides examples of good practice energy efficiency projects funded by local and regional governments. This manual is intended primarily for decision-makers in the public sector and officials in charge of the implementation of energy efficiency projects, their budgetary planning, and monitoring, as well as the interested public. Manual describes the process of identifying energy efficiency projects and the implementation of the project budget.
These materials were developed under UNDP Croatia Project „Removing Barriers to Energy Efficiency in Croatia“, financed by GEF and implemented in Croatia. All the materials can be updated and translated and the right for use can be obtained at no charge.
• the recommended actions from the energy audits completed are not implemented (art. 8)
• there isn't any programme to implement energy management systems in the public sector at national regional or local level (art. 8)
• insufficient information on training possibilities (art. 17)
• insufficient information on financial tools (art. 17)
• lack of in-house expertise about financial tools (art. 17)
• absence of guidelines & handbooks supporting energy efficiency measures development (art. 17)
• absence of support organisations in your territory addressing energy efficiency matters (art. 17)
• support organisations have unsufficient competency and knowledge (art. 17)
• inadequate information on best energy efficiency practices (art. 17)