The publication 'Verduurzamingsmaatregelen voor bestaande scholen' contains a list of potential measures to increase the sustainability of school buildings. It includes measures on for example behavior, O&M, insulation, heating and cooling, lighting, etc. For each measure in the list there is information on its effects (energy use, air quality, temperature, noise, and light), the payback times, and whether it is an 'officially recognized measure for energy saving'.
It is a simple list of options to be used for energy savings in school buildings, i.e. both by schools themselves and by municipalities that own school buildings.
It is a simple list of options to be used for energy savings in school buildings, that can be used in other countries as well.
NEEDS ADDRESSED according with European Energy Efficiency Directive:
• insufficient information on training possibilities (art. 17)
• insufficient information on energy technologies (art. 17)
• lack of in-house expertise about energy technologies (art. 17)
• absence of guidelines & handbooks supporting energy efficiency measures development (art. 17)
• absence of support organizations in your territory addressing energy efficiency matters (art. 17)
• support organizations have insufficient competency and knowledge (art. 17)