The IURBAN project focuses on both energy consumption (electricity, heating, water and gas) and energy production (PV and solar thermal) for cities located in different European countries (Bulgaria, Croatia, Germany, Italy and Spain). It is part of the Horizon 2020 programme for the period 2014 - 2020. The tool “Urban Energy” should allow the creation of new models of management and production of cleaner and more efficient energy. The objective is to put in place support systems enabling local elected officials and professionals to take effective decisions as to integrate their territories in the iURBAN project’s objectives. The tool will meet the growing needs of the market for cheaper and cleaner energy services. It is designed with the direct involvement of end users (local residents, energy companies and public administration). The use of information and communication technologies (ICTs) has proven pivotal. The goal is to create a more entrepreneurial ICT ecosystem, increase innovation, and help entrepreneurs to take risks and businesses to grow.
Bulgarian Partners: EVN TP and EAP, EAP contact: Ina Karova, email@example.com
• insufficient information on energy technologies (Art. 17)
• consumer information and empowering programme (Art. 12)
• absence of automatic tools supporting EE measures development (Art. 17)
• absence of softwares supporting EE measures development (Art. 17)
• support organisations have unsufficient competency and knowledge (Art. 17)